Many got the notification that the Carnival this week would be late. I have always skirted this edge because my two long work days were on Wednesday and Thursday. When I changed jobs within my company my days off became Tuesday and Wednesday - the perfect host schedule really.
Now, the theme of this Carnival was going to be something about birthdays - since mine was Thursday. It was also going to be a breeze - I would have a whole day off on Wednesday instead of going to work. However, one passage stands out now after the computer issues I had from Monday - Thursday:
James 4: 13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into this or that town and spend a year there and do business and make a profit.” 14 You do not know about tomorrow. What is your life like? For you are a puff of smoke that appears for a short time and then vanishes. 15 You ought to say instead, “If the Lord is willing, then we will live and do this or that.” 16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 So whoever knows what is good to do and does not do it is guilty of sin. (NET Bible)The theme became (and nothing was easy or relaxed):
There is a general section, and an environment directed section, and the posts in each are in order of reciept. It is a great Carnival, made greater by anticipation (I hope):
- FMF presents Is It OK for a Pastor to Earn a Good Salary? posted at Free Money Finance.
- Nick Cross presents Teenagers and the Church posted at Crossinator.
- William Meisheid presents Knowing Yahweh: Introduction posted at Beyond The Rim....
- Diane R presents Stone Soup posted at Crossroads: Where Faith and Inquiry Meet.
- Paul presents “The Once and Future King” Isn’t posted at Paul Kuritz: Opinions.
- Michael McGinnis presents Pornography: the new minstrel show posted at Tantalizing if True.
- Steve Bainbridge presents Is Obama a Reconstructionist Postmillenialist? posted at Professor Bainbridge's Journal.
- e-Mom presents Theology: The Problem With Protestants posted at Chrysalis.
- Rodney Olsen presents Book Give Away posted at The Journey.
- John Hobbins presents a series on literary translations of the Bible that begins here posted at Ancient Hebrew Poetry.
- Angela Williams Duea Can’t think of a catchy title. It’s about virginity and sexuality. posted at angelawd.
- John continues his series on Piper’s Future Grace with Enduring to the End posted at Light Along the Journey.
- Weekend Fisher presents Is there a sacred/secular divide? posted at Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength.
- Tupelo Kenyon presents Choose Excellence and Lose Mediocrity posted at Tupelo Kenyon.
- Martin presents Steven Hawking's singularity at the beginning posted at Sun and Shield.
- Richard H. Anderson presents Legal fiction posted at dokeo kago grapho soi kratistos Theophilos.
- Shera presents The Good Mommy posted at A Frog In My Soup . . . and other mixed blessings!.
- Becky presents Rear View Mirrors posted at I thought I would have it together by now ....
- DoggieWoggie presents What Dogs Can Teach Us About Handling Disability posted at Doggiewoggie - All About Dogs.
- Jeremy Pierce presents Commentaries on Samuel posted at Parableman.
- Jody Neufeld presents Good Jobs – God Jobs posted at Jody Along the Path.
- Matthew Anderson presents The New Girl Order: Questioning "Lifestyles" posted at Mere Orthodoxy.
- Henry Neufeld presents Thursday Morning Devotion (Making Yourself Smarter) posted at Jody's Devotionals.
- Mark Olson presents Philokalia Monday posted at Pseudo-Polymath.
- Phil presents Recycle Christmas Trees posted at Phil for Humanity.
- Jennifer in OR presents Heart and Home of Simplicity posted at Diary of 1.
- ChrisB presents Christianity & the environment: 7 principles posted at Homeward Bound.
- Annette presents Blog Action Day for the Environment posted at Fish and Cans.
- Thom presents Prayer and the Environment posted at Everyday Liturgy.