- Its expectation is foolish
- Its medium is moralism, not gospel.
- It is theologically naive.
- It is often hypocritical.
- It battles against flesh and blood.
- Its treasure is temporary.
- It makes idols of comfort and safety and propriety and power.
- It has no root in Jesus’ ministry.
- It mangles mission.
- The culture war is carried out for our name’s sake, not Jesus’.
Jared's conclusion seems good to post in this index as well:
I choose the gospel. Come hell or highwater, come a liberal administration in Washington for the rest of my life or actual suffering. My treasure is not Christianity, but Christ. My hope is not a Christian nation but a Christ-saturated universe. I trust not in princes but in the King of Kings. I choose war on hell and death through the liberating power of Jesus in the glorious gospel of the grace of God.
For the glory of God.